If your home isn't selling, here are a few things I'd suggest to help get buyers more interested.
Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report. Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale.
The word on the street is that we have a hot seller’s market, and in many cases, that’s true. However, about one quarter of homes on the market still fail to sell and end up expiring from the multiple listing service. If you want your home to sell, here are six things you can do to ensure you and your home don't just become another statistic:
1. DO NOT overprice your house. Even in our fast-selling market, you need to make sure you price your home at market value to get people interested. Many buyers in the market have had their offers rejected, and fatigued buyers won't even want to attempt to compete for your highly priced property. If you price it correctly instead, you could end up selling it higher than you thought after potentially beginning a bidding war.
2. Declutter and hire a stager. You need to get your home organized and free of clutter. I would also suggest you hire a professional home stager to make your home look its best. A stager will help determine how to present your home in a way that truly appeals to buyers.
25% of homes fail to sell.
3. Have your house show ready at all times. You always want to have your home prepared and in good condition—showings can occur in a moment’s notice, and the last thing you want to do is deny a showing. Live in your home like you’re selling it, not like you’re living in it.
4. Be willing to make repairs. If there’s something obviously wrong, you should have it fixed before you list. If you can’t, make sure buyers know what you’ll be doing to fix it.
5. Be willing to negotiate. You have to let the buyer win a little bit sometimes, so decide where you will ease up if you need to in order to seal the deal.
6. Listen to your home stager. They’re the professional here, and if you listen to what they say, a lot of the items on this list will be taken care of for you.
As always, if you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to reach out to me. I'm happy to take a look at your home and give you a personalized list of tips in order to help you get your home sold.