Today I’d like to share five quick tips on how to prepare yourself and your home for the holiday right around the corner: Halloween.
1. Decorate the front of your home for trick-or-treaters. Decorating your porch or door will help let kids and their parents know that you’re giving out treats.
2. Make sure your property is well lit. Optimizing your lighting will make sure that people remain safe when they're approaching and on your property. You don’t want any injuries to occur, especially if you are liable.
The kids are out having fun, so you should too.
3. Remove all valuables from the front of your home. This doesn’t mean you need to worry about doing anything to the interior of your house, but you should think about removing valuable items from your porch or front yard. With kids running around, things left out could be easily broken.
4. Stock up on candy. Buying plenty of treats beforehand will help to prevent any tricks coming your way. You definitely don’t want to run out. Plus, a few leftovers at the end of the night wouldn't be the worst thing.
5. Wear a costume. The kids are out having fun so you should too. Instead of just getting up to answer the doorbell every few minutes, wear a costume and stay in character for some fun of your own.
If you have any other real estate questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you have a happy Halloween.